What we’re looking for:
Thank you for your interest in contributing to The SolLit Blog. We seek inspirational and informative content from diverse voices on writing craft, writing process, diversity (or lack thereof?) in the lit world, recent trends in writing and/or literature, brief author interviews, and more. A few topics we’re particularly interested in right now:
- The world of online publications: Why aren’t online publications more respected in the literary world? Are pieces published in juried online pubs getting the recognition they deserve for major awards and in respected anthologies? What do you think??
- Opinions /trends related to e-books
- Opinions /trends related to self-publishing
- Anything relevant to helping diverse writers and supporting writers on the margins.
We are not afraid of a little controversy or healthy debate so please pitch us if you have something to say!
Guest blog submissions are ideally between 500 to up to 1,000 words. Shorter is always better for reading on the web, although longer pieces can be made more web-friendly by keeping the following tips in mind:
- Use language that is short and concise.
- Keep paragraphs to a maximum of four to five sentences.
- Break up major points with headlines.
We request that blog submissions be accompanied by a brief bio, an author headshot if you want one included, and any images you would like to include in your blog. Images should belong to you, however if you send an image from another website or from a Google images search, please include a link back to the page from which the image appeared so we can give credit. We prefer Jpeg images that are no larger than 2MB.